For Grief Coping
Grief & Loss Support Groups
- Share your grief story and feel the relief of expressing your feelings in a safe environment.
- Connect with others who truly understand what you are going through.
- Find Comfort and companionship along your grief journey.
Karen O. Johnson, MEd is a certified Laughter Yoga Leader! Laughter Yoga helps inspire people to live a joyful life. Not only does Laughter Yoga provide great exercise, it also allows participants to alleviate stress.
Five Points on Laughter Yoga:
- Laughter Yoga is a unique concept where anyone can laugh for no reason without relying on humor, jokes or comedy. No sense of humor required!
- Laughter is initiated then becomes a group exercise with eye contact and childlike playfulness soon turning to real, fun and contagious laughter!
- Laughter Yoga combines laughter exercises with yoga breathing. It brings more oxygen to the body and the brain which makes us feel more energetic and healthy. Our laughing muscles lower stress levels and provide a serene ability to look at life more calmly.
- Based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter, the concept of Laughter Yoga, if willingly done, provides the same physiological and psychological benefits as any exercise and yoga experience.
- Dr. Madan Katgaria from India, a medical doctor trained in the United States, began Laughter Yoga in 1995 in Mumbai Park in India. After researching his patient’s stress levels, he invented Laughter Yoga as a technique to promote wellness.