Living with the death of a loved one can become even more difficult and lonesome during the holidays. For those experiencing loss, festive music and twinkling lights lose their luster; instead they conjure up the dread of the upcoming season.
If you are living with loss, your life is different now, and the holidays are no exception. Consider the following exercises for a little hope during the holidays:
1. Toss the tinsel. You do not have to decorate for the Holidays.
2. Put picture of your loved one on the fridge with a magnet.
3. Write a Christmas note to you from your loved one.
4. Set aside time limits to cry and/or feel agonized.
5. Give loaves of bread for Christmas gifts.